Printer flyer marketing is quite inexpensive to do. Although marketing costs can increase over time. Small businesses especially find this hard to make up for these costs in their budget. This is why making an effective flyer the first time around means that your investment in your marketing is much more cost-effective for your business.
So,you may be asking yourself, how can you design such an effective flyer? Here are 5 top tips to help you do just that.
- Always keep in mind your target audience and who you want to read your flyer. With this in mind keep your content brief so that you do not overwhelm someone with too much information. Divide your information into sections using headers to make it more digestible. Use bullet points and charts if needed to make the information easier to understand. Do not use lots of different colours on your flyer as it will look messy. Use the same font too, so the flyer looks consistent and professional. Have an idea in mind too of where you would like your flyers distributed. These should be high traffic areas that your target audience is most likely to be. Flyer distribution is good for places that people are waiting in line or standing around.
- Create a catchy headline. According to Jamie from Leeds Printing Company “The headline will always be the first thing the customer notices and reads. So, make it catchy and unforgettable and so they wish to read on and find out more. First impressions do count here.”
- Always add a call to action this is one of the most important parts of designing your flyer. The call to action will tell your customer what they should do after they have read it. This could be “call us now” or “order now” or a special offer or voucher that they can use. You can be as creative as you want here and every business is different so which you use depends on your marketing campaign. You can also add a QR code to your flyer and this can capture data which can then be used in your marketing strategy in the future.
- Use your logo and contact information on the flyer. This is a pretty obvious point, but you should want to always be consistent. So, all of your marketing materials will have your logo and contact information placed upon them. This could be your website address, your actual physical address if you have an office or place of work that customers can visit, social media icons such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest etc.
- Always proofread your flyer. You would be surprised the number of businesses that don’t proofread their printed marketing materials which then, of course, costs them a lot more to rectify any mistakes. Mistakes on your printed flyers will also look badly on your business and makes it look unprofessional.