From helping you create a temporary zone or area to prevent unauthorised access or helping you develop the proper flow of traffic for vehicles and pedestrians, experts have been highly recommending the use of precast concrete barriers for years. They not only allow for better protection, but they can also contribute to better security in many ways. The concrete barrier is a much better solution than other kinds of barriers, such as plastic ones, because they cannot be easily dismantled and have solid stability that makes them ideal for high-wind or busy areas. But if you are thinking of using precast concrete barriers for your business or any other endeavour, here’s how you can fully optimise precast concrete barriers.
Its flexible uses
The simple fact of the matter is that concrete barriers are often reinforced, and this already makes them sturdy and long-lasting. But they also have a particular design that makes them suitable for various uses. You can even have concrete barriers custom-made according to your requirements, particularly if you use them permanently. But they do indeed have a range of flexible uses, as follows:
- To protect your construction site or a building or structure that’s still in development
- To protect vacant lots or land
- To protect and seclude private residences or commercial premises
- To prevent unauthorised access to a specific area
- To serve as a demarcation line for property boundaries
- To effectively control traffic flow or foot traffic
- To establish an exclusion zone for fixtures or buildings
- To prevent vehicles from gaining access (particularly if someone used the vehicle for forced entry)
- To create and establish a designated space for a crowd, such as at a festival, concert, sports game, or outdoor markets, bazaars, and exhibits
The actual benefits of precast concrete barriers
- They are highly visible
Concrete barriers are highly visible, making them an excellent visual deterrent. Since they are heavy and bulky, you can use them to add a better sense of security to any particular site.
- They are very sturdy and strong
Because of their bulk and weight, precast concrete barriers are very sturdy – as a matter of fact, many precast concrete barriers can weigh as much as two tonnes. With this, they are almost impossible to budge without using special equipment. Needless to say, not many thieves, vandals, or trespassers will have access to such equipment, so these individuals will just likely pass your area or site without doing anything, simply because the concrete barriers are in the way.
- They are quick and relatively easy to put up
Concrete barrier manufacturers and suppliers should be able to provide you with ten concrete barriers or more with every delivery, so you can be sure that your site is promptly secured even with just one delivery. It might be of the essence if you need a quick setup time, perhaps due to attempted unauthorised access or when there has been an accident.
Image attributed to JPConcrete.co.uk